Wednesday, February 4, 2015

Day 602 The False Positive of the Halo of Piety


“ Pity is about how deeply I can feel,  and in order to feel this way, to experience the rush of my own pious reactions, I need victims the way an addict needs drugs” wrote the the late political theorist Jean Bethke Eishtain. 

I hear of this state of being, an energetic state of being, in the above video. The speaker, tells of a woman who served in a church for 30 years, who distributed Christmas baskets every year to those in need. She went to her local politician and asked why not give those in need the money to go and purchase their own needs themselves. Yes, this was a good question, an excellent one.
When he woman posed this question to her church group, they responded by saying that they would not have the opportunity to be charitable anymore!

What kind of world do we live in when we choose to get high off of an ideological good that does not really “ teach a man to fish”? Is an individual  energetic addiction to feeling good through a facade of piety personification  precede what is best for a person? Under the guise of a halo effect? In the name of accumulating wealth? As this is what the church was in fact. It was a legerdemain done to create a commodity of the soul, to flow wealth into the hands of a few. In the end we fell for this, so we cannot blame anyone but ourselves for abdicating our own common sense, the gift of life.

If we want life, we must give life. This means giving the means to be life, which means giving what allows that life in that being, as that form, to have what a physical form needs to flourish and live with the physical body sensing absolutely,  Meaning using the senses to answer/respond/understand and act accordingly in ways that are effective in and as doing no harm, taking that which is good, being sound and stable and equal with the practical measure of physical reality, because the physical is creation information. 

That halo of piety is an emotionally energetic drug fix. It serves only an imagination, a false idol, that is a few feet off the ground, on which it is dependent to project. 

I forgive myself for allowing and accepting myself to believe that what is in my mind is real.
I forgive myself for allowing and accepting myself to become righteous with piety
I forgive myself for allowing and accepting myself to be addicted to piety, to believing that in no longer having victims I will not be able to do good, and get my fix of piety as an idea in and as my mind of being good.
I forgive myself for allowing and accepting myself to abdicate myself as life, in the name of an idea, limited in self interest, not stopping to look and solve the problems of poverty and lack because it would mean that I would no longer have my fix of piety, of righteousness as an idea of being more because of a perpetuating act of doing good that I would lose if I taught a man to fish, or allowed  a man to live a life in dignity, in expression as life, as a physical being on a physical planet.
I forgive myself for not allowing and accepting myself to see, realize and understand that structural violence my act of charity, before life, done in self interest, allows to the life around me as the physical, as the physical is life, that which has the value of being life, and the practicality in design and function as to what needs would do no harm, take that which is good and allows behaviors that are the same, yesterday, today and tomorrow, as this is the behavior of building sustainability, constancy, and ease, in all physical forma of life, which means to give as one would want to receive, here.
When and as I find myself wanting to do good, to create an egotistical ideological self definition, I stop and I breath, and I slow myself down, and I see, realize and understand that what I am running from as in allowing an act of charity to define me as being pious, I am running from that which I seek, which is myself as life, myself as that which moves within and as a purpose of supporting life, through respecting the physical as life information, as creation, where I pay attention to practical, physical reality, and give as I would want to receive which is to allow life to flourish in dignity, supporting the physical world in ways that do no harm, as this is accepting all life, and realizing the value is life.

When and as I find myself objectifying giving as in placing one time objects to give in a basket, I stop and I breath, and I slow myself down, and I see, realize and understand that this is not direct giving, with and as myself as my heart, here, substantiating the life before me, as in listening, and understanding, and directing, in ways that allow self discovery, as in giving a person the means to fish for themselves - so to speak, as the physical form of men can and will absorb what is of opportunity as the physical world around them, as is the design of the physical body, to allow life to express and absorb the form and function of life information which is the physical creation that is earth here.



No comments:

Post a Comment